Thank you for your interest in sharing your music ministry with 106.9 the Light. Our mission is to lead as many people as possible to a dynamic, personal relationship with Jesus Christ. In order to focus ministry efforts and resources on fulfilling our mission, here is our ministry’s music selection policy.
- Music is chosen based on the following criteria:
– It’s role in the fulfillment of BRB’s mission to evangelize and disciple.
– Audience objectives
– Preferences as related through interpretation of research
– Artist must be signed to a professional recording label
- Music must be distributed and available for purchase in readily-accessible retail channels (bookstores, general retailers, music stores, on-line retailers) throughout the 106.9 the Light listening area.
- Music will be graded with the following criteria:
– Lyrical content, i.e., obvious Christian message; presents a Biblically appropriate witness
– Theology of lyrics in keeping with the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association/Blue Ridge Broadcasting Statement of Faith.
– Performer(s) maintains an open Christian witness in their lifestyle.
– Vocal performance, i.e., reasonably clear and easy to understand
– Production value
- Due to volume of submissions, song review and evaluation services are not available. Please visit the Gospel Music Association website for resources on song and artist development. If a submission is selected, a ministry representative will contact you.
- Music submissions are received “for consideration” of on-air play. Music may be submitted by mail to Music Director, 106.9 The Light, 1100 Marion St. Suite 126, Knoxville, TN. 37921. Songs should be submitted in CD format. CD’s submitted for review becomes the property of the radio station and will not be returned.