Thank you for your interest in sharing your music ministry with 106.9 the Light. Our mission is to lead as many people as possible to a dynamic, personal relationship with Jesus Christ. In order to focus ministry efforts and resources on fulfilling our mission, here is our ministry’s music selection policy.
- Music is chosen based on the following criteria:
– It’s role in the fulfillment of BRB’s mission to evangelize and disciple.
– Audience objectives
– Preferences as related through interpretation of research
– Artist must be signed to a professional recording label
- Music must be distributed and available for purchase in readily-accessible retail channels (bookstores, general retailers, music stores, on-line retailers) throughout the 106.9 the Light listening area.
- Music will be graded with the following criteria:
– Lyrical content, i.e., obvious Christian message; presents a Biblically appropriate witness
– Theology of lyrics in keeping with the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association/Blue Ridge Broadcasting Statement of Faith.
– Performer(s) maintains an open Christian witness in their lifestyle.
– Vocal performance, i.e., reasonably clear and easy to understand
– Production value
- Due to volume of submissions, song review and evaluation services are not available. Please visit the Gospel Music Association website for resources on song and artist development. If a submission is selected, a ministry representative will contact you.
- Music submissions are received “for consideration” of on-air play. Music may be submitted by mail to Music Director, 106.9 the Light,P O Box 159, Black Mountain NC 28711. Songs should be submitted in CD format. CD’s submitted for review becomes the property of the radio station and will not be returned.