HEART FOR LEBANON
You continue to amaze us with your generosity. We set out to have as many children sponsored with a Christian scholarship through Heart for Lebanon, based in Beirut, and you helped make that a reality for over 184 children! Thank you for allowing God to work through you in the lives of these children and families.
You can still make a difference if you did not have a chance to donate on Wednesday! Click here to sponsor a child and contribute to this great cause.
Child Scholarship will:
- Provide a safe academic school environment where the Gospel of Jesus Christ is boldly and clearly taught.
- Character Development through after school programs, where each student is taught ethics, behavior, performing arts, and becoming all that God wants them to be.
- Spiritual Formation with the hope of Jesus Christ through home visits, camps, and retreats, with a vision to see lives changed and communities transformed.
- Students will be accepted in the school regardless of their faith background.
- Each student’s family will be reached through in-home visits and community center activities.
This is one family’s story:
Sihab was born and grew up in a Muslim family in Iraq up until she was 14. By then, a fight broke out between her tribe and another tribe in the neighborhood. To settle the fight, her family gave her away in marriage to an elderly man from the other tribe as a peace offering to demonstrate that the conflict was over. Her husband, who was an alcoholic, took her to live in Yemen. Two children later, he divorced her and sold her to another man.
For 10 years, she was abused by this husband. One day she noticed that her “husband” started to have interest in her 10 year old her daughter, Gufran. She then knew, that she and her children had to flee.
When we met Sihab we found out that her kids had given up their education because of all of the running and traveling. Since then, her daughter, Gufran and son, Jabber have enrolled in our education program.
Through this ministry we were able to visit with Sihab and share Christ with her. Every day Sihab and her kids’ interest grows in Jesus; this person who was willing to sacrifice himself for them; the person who loves them in a new way they have never known before!
Again, if you were not able to donate on Wednesday, there is still time! Click here to sponsor a child.
Click here to sponsor a child.